E-commerce success is dependent on-site speed. It immediately impacts your conversion rates, repeat business, and search engine rankings. With recent changes to Google Search ranking, a quick website load time is even more vital as a competitive advantage. Fortunately, several free website speed test tools can help you identify issues and optimize your website’s performance.
On the other hand, Slow-loading websites can lead to frustration, increased bounce, and decreased conversion rates. Therefore, optimizing your website’s speed is essential to ensure your visitors stay engaged and satisfied. This blog will explore 7 of the best free website speed test tools available.
Why Should You Use the Website Speed Testing Tools?
Website speed test tools are essential for analyzing the performance of your website. They help you identify any bottlenecks that may be causing slow loading times and negatively impacting user experience. This, in turn, can lead to increased bounce rates and decreased conversions. Using these tools, you can optimize your site’s speed, resulting in improved search engine rankings, better user engagement, and, ultimately, more revenue.
7 Free Website Speed Test Tools:
1. GT Metrix:
GT Metrix is another famous website speed test tool that examines your website’s performance and recommends ways to improve it. It calculates an overall score of 100 by measuring page speed and Y Slow score. GTmetrix also gives comprehensive information on each issue and how to resolve it.
Basic: This plan is lifetime free for all users.
Solo: Solo Plan costs around $10.67 per month.
Starter: $21.25 per month
Growth: $42.50 per month
- It enables you to test your website in various countries and browsers.
- It contains a synopsis of key performance indicators.
- Monitoring allows you to track and visualize website performance.
Pingdom is a popular website speed test tool that systematically analyzes your website’s performance. It computes your website’s load time, page size, and several queries. Pingdom also gives tips on how to enhance the performance of your website. Pingdom is one of the best website speed test tools.
Pingdom’s free plan only allows for one website monitoring and charges $14.95 monthly, even if you need one more website monitored.
- Examine every aspect of a web page.
- Provide an overview of performance
- Examine your performance record.
- Allows you to test from different locations.
3. Google Page Speed:
Google PageSpeed Insights is a popular website speed testing tool. It examines your website’s speed and advises on how to enhance performance. The gadget tests both desktop and mobile speed and assigns a score out of 100. The higher the score, the better your website performs. Google PageSpeed Insights also details each issue and how to resolve it.
Free for all users
- Speed Index: This is the time it takes for the contents of a page to be visually displayed. The faster the speed index, the better.
- Time to First Byte (TTFB): This measures the time it takes for the server to start sending data back to the browser. A fast TTFB is essential for delivering a snappy user experience.
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP): This measures the time it takes for the most critical content on the page to be loaded and displayed. This can include images, videos, or other types of media.
4. Browser stack:
BrowserStack offers manual and automatic online mobile testing for websites and applications. Browserstack Live allows you to test over 3000 device-browser-OS combinations. This implies that while testing websites on mobile devices, QA may select from various new and legacy machines to run their website.
Free: 30-minute free trial for all users
Desktop: 29 / month (billed annually)
Desktop & Mobile: 39 /month(billed annually)
Team: 125 /month (billed annually)
- Cross-browser Testing
- Live Testing
- Test Automation
- Visual Testing
Site24x7 monitors metrics, traces, and logs for multiple levels of cloud architecture from a single console. Keep track of the availability and performance of websites, online apps, and servers. It also delivers important multi-step online transactions and critical performance indexes for your web pages.
Free plan: $0 for all users
Starter: $9 for all users
Pro: $35 for all
- Monitor the performance and uptime of websites and other internet services such as DNS servers, FTP servers, REST APIs, and so on from 110+ locations worldwide.
- Optimize multi-step user interactions recorded and simulated in a real browser.
- Keep track of the load time for each static resource on your website.
Uptrends is a website speed test tool that allows you to test your website’s performance from multiple locations worldwide. It measures your website’s load time, page size, and the number of requests made. Uptrends also provide a detailed waterfall chart showing each element’s load time on your website.
Starter plan: $17.50/month
- The tool supports a variety of protocol technologies for website and server monitoring, including SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SQL, and MySQL.
- Sends emails containing dashboard reports in PDF or Excel format to the recipient you specify.
- You can track the uptime of your API and create API calls to cross-check its response data.
- This online application can also keep track of multi-step transactions like login, search, shopping carts, and forms.
7. Dare boost:
Dareboost is a website speed test tool that examines and advises on enhancing your website’s performance. It computes your website’s load time, page size, and several queries. Dareboost also offers complete details on each issue and how to resolve it.
- Create your own Plan for $22.00 per month.
- $57.00 per month for business.
- Monthly performance is $356.00
- Website Speed Test
- Website Quality Analysis
- Website Comparison
- Website Speed Monitoring
How to choose a Website Performance Testing Tool?
Selecting a website performance testing tool may be a difficult undertaking because there are several programs on the market with varying features and costs. Consider the following aspects while selecting a website performance testing tool:
- Purpose: Determine the purpose of the website performance testing tool. Are you looking for a tool to test the speed and load time of your website or to analyze user behavior and traffic?
- Ease of use: Look for a tool that is easy to use and requires minimal technical expertise. It should have a user-friendly interface and provide clear and concise reports.
- Performance metrics: The tool should be able to measure important performance metrics such as page load time, response time, and server performance.
- Scalability: Choose a tool that can handle the scale of your website traffic. The tool should be able to simulate high traffic volumes and test the website’s performance under heavy load.
- Integration: The tool should be able to integrate with your existing software and tools, such as web analytics tools, to provide a complete picture of website performance.
In conclusion, website speed is crucial for delivering a positive user experience. Slow-loading websites can lead to frustration, increased bounce rates, and decreased conversion rates. Fortunately, several free website speed test tools can help you identify issues and optimize your website’s performance. By using these tools, you can ensure your visitors stay engaged and satisfied with your website’s performance.