This article discusses several ways to create a content marketing strategy for brand awareness. Without further delay, let’s get straight to the point on using the content strategy for brand awareness:
What is Brand Awareness?
Brand awareness is how customers recognize a brand associated with a specific product or service. When a customer wants to buy a product, he is likelier to purchase the brand he is familiar with. So, how to create brand awareness? One of the perfect ways to build brand awareness is through content marketing.
What is Content Marketing in SEO?
Content marketing is publishing content online to attract prospects to your business website. The content may include blog posts, podcasts, video content, ebooks, infographics, etc. In subjective terms, content marketing is carefully planning, creating, distributing, and publishing content through multiple channels like social media, websites, press releases, print publications, podcasts, etc.
These days, outbound marketing isn’t as effective as they were once in the past. Thus, the main aim of content marketing is to reach the audience in a way they feel is natural and persuade them to visit your website.
How can Content Marketing benefit your Brand’s Popularity?
- It helps you build trust and credibility over time.
- Enhances your SEO efforts and attracts more web traffic.
- Inform your prospects about the products/services you offer.
- Tell your audience how your product solves their challenges.
- Builds relations with the audience through multiple learning formats.
- Assists your target audience throughout their conversion funnels.
Using Content Marketing Strategy for Brand Awareness in 2023
1. Know your Market and Target Audience
This is the first step to take while creating a content marketing strategy. Each word you write and each action you take should be relevant to your target audience. Otherwise, you may waste money writing the wrong content for the wrong audience. Without an audience interested in your product, you can’t have any customers to help improve your brand awareness.
- Leverage multiple tools to conduct market research and use demographics or surveys to understand your audience better.
- Once you have identified your target audience, find the blogs, websites, or social media channels your audience is spending time online.
- Identify their challenges or issues and determine how you can solve them.
- Look into the content types your audience spends their most time on and incorporate them into your content marketing strategy.
2. Use your Company’s website to enhance Brand Awareness
A company’s blog is your official outlet to connect with your audience. If you don’t have an official website yet, we highly recommend you start one to avoid missing potential brand-building opportunities. Customers visit your website to know about press releases, upcoming product releases, official announcements, the latest openings, the latest updates in the industry, etc. People are always looking for new and authentic information. If you publish the same content as your competitors, your brand cannot stand out in your industry.
- Come up with innovative ideas for content creation and take sufficient time to research topics that stand out and go viral.
- Talking about relevant topics from a different perspective can help you establish an authoritative brand in the industry.
- Make sure the information you publish is 100% original and authentic. Research what your audience is interested in when choosing new topics for your blog.
- Peak through your competitor’s websites to know what kind of blog they publish and what topics are performing well.
3. Do Guest Posting on third-party websites
When you are just starting, chances are that your website doesn’t have enough authority to push your content to the top of Google and other search engines. It depends upon the age of your domain, the number of backlinks, how optimized your content is, etc. The good news is that you can use other websites’ authority to build your site’s credibility through guest posting. You can convert visitors from highly authoritative websites to your site.
- Make a list of authoritative websites in your industry.
- Reach out to the editor through email and reveal your genuine interest in contributing to the website.
- Once your application is accepted, write content on relevant topics to your audience and website.
- Avoid being self-promotional and link the blog to your website (only if they allow). Share the content with your audience and improve your branding awareness.
4. Create Original, Share-Worthy Content
Initially, not many people may know about your brand. This is the right time to use non-branded search for your benefit and drive traffic to your website. Optimize your website for search engines, and create your Google My Business Profile account. Authenticity is at risk everywhere. Instead of trying to impress your customers with cluttered words, be more real with them. One way to show your true self to the audience is to share behind-the-scenes about running your business, voicing out on social issues, including humor whenever necessary.
5. Leverage Social Media
Social media platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram are perfect for building brand awareness, even if it’s from scratch. You can embed social share icons on your website and allow users to share the content with one button click. And your content can reach a global audience through social sharing. Social media allows users to like, share and comment on your content, thus improving the engagement rates for your posts.
6. Create a Community
Forum communities are the best places to stay connected with your audience. People love buying from brands that share their values and genuinely want to help them through their services. Create a dedicated community and share valuable content to educate the audience and solve their issues. If you have participated in a fundraiser or organized an event, publish the relevant photos on your site and other social channels. Also, share relevant videos about products and customer testimonials to engage better and keep the community active.
7. Analyze the Progress using Data
This is one of the most critical steps in your brand awareness marketing strategy. All the above strategies will help you establish solid brand awareness in the industry. But how do you know if it is working or not? Monitoring and analyzing the results of your strategies is important to know what works and where you can improve. You can use free tools like Google Analytics to analyze your website and understand how the content performs online.
The first thing that comes to mind when considering brand awareness is to create a solid content marketing strategy and publish content on various channels. When you utilize the insights in this article, your content strategy becomes more strategic, organized, and functional. Practices like Market research, keyword analysis, competitor analysis, and website audit contribute to solid content strategy. This way, you can reach the right audience through your content. Thanks for Reading!